The excursion to the Rio Secreto from Cancun is an unforgettable experience in an amazing natural environment. It travels through a one-kilometre cave filled with stalactites, stalagmites and crystal-clear waters.
Rio Secreto Nature Reserve Guided Tour
After picking you up from your hotel in Cancun, we'll head to the Rio Secreto nature reserve. Once there, you'll board a van for a 15-minute ride along the jungle trails.
When you arrive at the access point to Rio Secreto, you'll be given all the equipment so that you can start the activity and you will be introduced to the English-speaking guide who'll accompany you during the hour and a half that you'll be inside the longest semi-flooded cave in the Yucatan Peninsula.
You'll swim through turquoise waters and see the different rock formations that are inside this spectacular underground world or, as the locals call it, 'the Mayan underworld'.
At the end of the guided tour, you'll be offered a buffet with regional food and drinks. With our strength back, we'll make our way back to the hotels in Cancun.
- Children under 4 years old cannot partake in this activity.
- The weight per person is restricted to 120 kilos.
Conservation of the natural reserve
We recommended not to use chemicals such as sunscreen, repellents, and make-up when entering the underground river, as these could hinder the conservation process of the nature reserve.
No cameras or videos are allowed inside the Rio Secreto nature reserve. To take photos inside, specialized equipment is required. During the tour, you'll have professional photographs taken that'll be on sale after the tour is over (US$ 25 per photo).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 80% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Children aged between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 54.50
Children under 4 years oldFree
National AdultsUS$ 82
National children aged between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 41
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, spanish and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide
Entry to Río Secreto.
Helmet with flashlight.
Lunch and drinks.
Reduced group size.
Photographs: US$ 25 per person.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.