Discover the legendary history and culture of the Caliphate City on this free walking tour of Cordoba's most important places of interest.
Free Tour of Cordoba
After meeting up in Plaza de las Tendillas, by the fountain. We'll set off on our two hour walking tour of the winding streets of Cordoba. During our tour, we'll delve into the fascinating history of this Spanish city, which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994.
The free walking tour will take us to see the most emblematic and best-known sights in Cordoba, including the Roman Bridge, the Fortress of the Christian Kings, the Gate of the Moon, the Synagogue, the Souk, the Hospital del Cardenal Salazar, and the famous Mosque-Cathedral, where the tour ends.
Throughout the free tour, the local expert guide will reveal interesting stories and legends about Cordoba old town, as we explore the city's labyrinthine streets of typical whitewashed houses and admire the characteristic balconies and courtyards overflowing with flowers.
It is not possible to take this tour if your group is larger than 6 people. If this is the case, we recommend that you reserve a private group tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 1 hour before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 5 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Plaza de las Tendillas