Access the world-famous Mosque Cathedral of Cordoba on a 1-hour guided tour, and discover the largest Western Islamic mosque, converted into a Christian church in the thirteenth century.
Mosque Cathedral of Cordoba Guided Tour
Meet your guide at the Patio de los Naranjos, next to the bell tower, at the scheduled time and walk straight into the Mosque Cathedral (mezquita-catedral in Spanish) with your official English-speaking guide, skipping the long queues of visitors.
While you marvel at the Prayer Hall, the Mihrab, the stunning red and white columns, your guide will explain the following, among many other things:
- The construction of the Mosque Cathedral began in 785.
- It was the second largest mosque in the world, after the Great Mosque of Mecca, until the Sultan Ahmed Mosque was built in Turkey.
- The mosque was consecrated as a Roman Catholic church in the thirteenth century.
- It was listed a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1984.
- The impressive building combines Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque and Umayyad styles.
Want to visit other tourist attractions?
You can also book these tours:
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 10-14 years old||Children under 10|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children 10-14 years oldUS$ 13.20
Children under 10Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Official English speaking guide expert in Cordoba.
Skip the line tickets to the Mosque Cathedral of Cordoba.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 2 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to stay in the Cordoba Mosque on our own after the tour is over?
A - No, once the tour is over you should leave.
Q - Is it possible to take this tour with a pushchair/stroller?
A - Yes, the tour is suitable if you would like to bring a child in a pushchair/stroller.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
Patio de los Naranjos.