Delve into the Costa Rican jungle and experience a day of adventure: enjoy white water rafting on the Sarapiqui River rapids and fly through the tropical trees on ziplines!
Sarapiqui Adventure Tour
After being picked up from your hotel in San José, you'll leave the city behind and head north to the Braulio Carrillo National Park, a nature reserve home to incredibly biodiverse wildlife and landscapes, from volcanoes to rainforests.
You'll begin your day of adventure by "flying" over the tropical rainforests. Nine different zipline routes of different lengths await you: soar through the canopy and over the Sarapiqui River itself, feeling truly immersed in Costa Rica's lush nature.
After the adrenaline rush of your ziplining experience, you'll enjoy a well-earned break and renew your energy with a delicious buffet lunch.
With batteries recharged, it'll be time for your next adventure: white water rafting on the Sarapiqui River rapids! You'll bounce over the waves and whirlpools of the river for 8 miles (13 km)... hold on tight! And during the calmer stretches of the rapids, don't forget to look out for some of the fascinating species of bird that inhabit the national park!
If you'd prefer to stay on dry land and enjoy horseback riding instead of rafting, please indicate this in the comments section when making your reservation.
After an unforgettable day of adventure, you'll be taken back to your hotel in San José.
This buffet lunch includes salad, soup and rice for starters, two types of meat and steamed vegetables for the main course, dessert and a drink.
This activity is not suitable for children under 12 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 112.50
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 4 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.